The Leandro P. Rizzuto Foundation ("Foundation" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website: www.alsfindingacure.org (our "Website") or use any services offered or provided through or in connection with the Website, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. Generally, we do not collect information that personally identifies individuals except when individuals knowingly and voluntarily provide such information to us. For example, we will gather information about individuals when they submit comments, questions or requests for information to us on this Website.
We use information we receive to operate and improve the content of this Website, and to provide the service(s) or information, or carry out the transaction(s) that you have requested or authorized. We may share any of the information we gather on our Website or otherwise maintain with our affiliates and service providers.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Foundation or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Users can set their browsers or third-party software to reject cookies. If you reject the cookie, you may be unable to use portions of our Website that require registration, some pages of the Website might not function properly, and the Website experience will not be capable of being tailored to you from visit to visit.
Please consult your web browser's Help documentation for more information about how to turn cookies on and off for your browser. Cookies are placed on your computer, and accordingly we neither store cookies on our computers nor forward them to any external parties.
Certain pages of this Website and promotional e-mail messages or newsletters we send may contain electronic images known as Web beacons – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. Some of these Web beacons may be placed by third-party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or e-mail communications. These Web beacons may be used by these service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer. Doing this allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain pages or e-mails and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views. These third parties are not permitted to use Web beacons to collect or access your personal information. However, we do not undertake to confirm, investigate, or police their practices.
- Details of donations you carry out through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- We also collect personally identifiable information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
Electronic Mail: The Leandro P. Rizzuto Foundation may retain the content of any e-mail that it receives, the e-mail address from which it is sent, and our response. Content and other information in or related to e-mails sent by you to The Leandro P. Rizzuto Foundation may be used in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of this Website. Please be aware that when you receive a receipt acknowledging your e-mail, it means that the message or form has been routed into the internet, and not that it has been received by us.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any donations through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your donation.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to operate our Website or support our non-profit organization and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms and conditions.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Foundation or others.
Your Information and Opting-Out
If you do not wish to receive periodic mailings or e-mails, or telephone contact concerning our Website, our services, and/or upcoming events, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing or promotional communications by sending us a written request to the address listed below.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any donations made are handled through our PayPal account and are subject to their privacy policies, terms and conditions.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Leandro P. Rizzuto Foundation
c/o Chris Collins, Administrator
1 Cummings Point Road
Stamford, CT 06902